Revealed: 16 Could 2022
When warmth turns into insufferable and the stress will get an excessive amount of to deal with, most of us look north for a fast escape. Whereas lots of the nation’s hottest islands are situated south of Manila, a few of the most simply accessible will be discovered within the north. And in the case of locations within the north, it’s fairly exhausting to withstand the calls of La Union.
However for the reason that pandemic has just about tousled all of the well-established bus schedules that we have now relied on over time, it takes some effort to determine get to La Union by bus. So we did a little bit digging (i.e. contacting bus firms). And we efficiently reached PARTAS Transportation Firm and Viron Transit.
‼️ IMPORTANT! Nowadays, route availability and timings change regularly and shortly. Earlier than your journey, contact the bus firms instantly for the newest updates and insurance policies at 0917 819 3909 (Partas) or 0932 364 1487 (Viron Transit) or message PARTAS’s official FB web page.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
As of: 16 Could 2022
PARTAS operates a number of bus routes to the north, largely within the Ilocos Area and Abra. Of their newest timetable (as of this writing), La Union is nowhere to be discovered. But it surely turned out that they nonetheless do ferry passengers to La Union through their different routes.
We lately referred to as and messaged PARTAS to learn how to get to La Union. They usually informed us the next:
- Ilocos- or Abra-bound PARTAS buses coming from CUBAO Terminal can drop off passengers in San Fernando Metropolis, La Union. These embrace P2P buses.
- It’s essential inform the driving force that you simply’re alighting in La Union. In any other case, they are going to skip the terminal. We had been informed they solely make a cease in La Union if and provided that there’s a passenger getting off there.
- PARTAS doesn’t make a cease in San Juan (Urbiztondo). The closest is San Fernando Metropolis. They’re solely allowed to drop off passengers at their terminal. However since their Sebay Station (San Juan) is briefly non-operational, buses can’t cease there. Nonetheless, their official FB web page shared with us that they will drop off passengers within the following La Union cities: Agoo, Bacnotan, Balaoan, Bangar, Bauang, and Damortis. (See picture beneath.)
We aren’t certain whether or not or not buses from the Pasay Terminal additionally drop off passengers in La Union. However their Fb web page particularly indicated “FROM CUBAO ONLY.”
Beneath are the timetables and fares for PARTAS Buses that may make a cease in San Fernando, La Union.
Cubao to Abra P2P
Cubao to Laoag P2P
Cubao to Vigan P2P
Cubao to Candon
Cubao to Sta. Cruz
Cubao to Narvacan
Cubao to Cabugao
As of: 16 Could 2022
Viron Transit has not revealed any up to date schedule on their official Fb web page, so we referred to as their terminals by telephone. Right here’s what they shared thus far:
- Viron’s La Union buses terminate at their San Fernando Terminal. In case your vacation spot is San Juan, switch to a jeepney or a tricycle from there.
- Alternatively, chances are you’ll trip a Viron bus certain for Ilocos and Abra, which may drop you off in cities north of San Fernando (together with San Juan), however you’ll have to pay the complete fare for that route.
Sampaloc to San Fernando
Fare: PhP 505
Sampaloc to Vigan
Fare: PhP 700
Sampaloc to Abra
Fare: PhP 750
Cubao to San Fernando
After I referred to as, they confirmed that they do function journeys to San Fernando Metropolis from their Cubao Terminal too, scheduled at 10:00 pm.
I want I had extra particulars to share however that’s all I used to be in a position to get for now.
You’ll be able to strive calling them by way of the numbers beneath or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you’re in San Fernando, the following step is to get to San Juan. Whether or not your remaining vacation spot is Urbiztondo Seaside or San Juan City Correct, you’ve gotten two major choices:
- BY JEEPNEY. Fare: round P15.
- BY TRICYCLE. Fare: P100 (particular trip)
From San Fernando Metropolis Middle, journey time is round quarter-hour to Urbiztondo and 20-25 minutes to San Juan City Correct (longer if jeepney due to the stops).
Should you want to discover most of La Union, the city of San Juan and town of San Fernando are one of the best areas to your base. Each are situated on the middle of the province. From both, you may simply attain a lot of the sights listed above.
We stayed at Urbiz Backyard, a beachfront bed-and-breakfast in Urbiztondo, San Juan. I all the time keep right here due to its location, between the freeway and the seaside.
However if you happen to’d quite keep at a lodge, hostel or resort, listed here are a few of the prime properties that may be booked through Agoda.